Welcome to Year 6!
Year 6 Staff:
6A: Miss Aitken
6W: Miss Willis
Teaching Assistants: Miss Dooley & Mrs Pike
What is Year 6 in Stockton Wood like?
In Year 6, your teachers will expect you to work hard and always try your very best. We will challenge you to reach your full potential but we will also support you when you need a helping hand!
“Year 6 is fun and we have lots of opportunities to be role models and have extra responsibilities.” LW Year 6 2022
Year 6 Timetable
We have daily lessons in our core subjects English (Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing) and Maths. They include fluency practise to secure basic skills and there are also lots of opportunities to develop our problem solving and reasoning skills.
We also enjoy the wider curriculum subjects: Science, Computing, French, History, Geography, Religious Education, PHSE, Art, Design and Technology, Music and Physical Education throughout the year.
6A P.E Day: Monday 6W P.E. Day: Wednesday
P.E. Kit includes: a plain white t-shirt, navy shorts/ jogging bottoms and a pair of black pumps or trainers to take part in PE. Your child can come to school wearing their P.E. kit on their class days.
• Reading is an important part of everything we do in Year 6, so it is really important that you read a little every night. This will help you to develop your reading fluency and build your vocabulary. Reading books can be changed as soon as you are ready.
• Please bring a water bottle to school each day, containing water only.
• Children are encouraged to complete Times Table Rockstars and Spelling Shed at home. Additional tasks can be uploaded to Microsoft Teams. Look out for homework projects too – a chance for you and your child to get creative at home!
• Please keep practising your timetables up to 12 x 12 so that you are fluent, fast and confident.
• Class Dojos are used to celebrate achievements and praise efforts!
To keep up to date with our learning, achievements and school events don’t forget to check our Twitter Page @Y6StocktonWood
See Stockton Wood’s Year 6 Curriculum Overview by clicking here