Welcome to Nursery!
Your child’s time in our Nursery, which is a secure, safe and happy place is very important as it lays the foundations for future learning. Children learn and develop through a curriculum of both indoor and outdoor activities which are play-based. A major part of early learning is relationship-building and children are encouraged to play together and share experiences.
Mrs. Ikuta-Halpin is the Nursery teacher/ EYFS lead
Mrs. Sefton is the Assistant Manager
The EYFS curriculum is made up of 7 areas of learning.
• Communication and language–is about providing an environment for young children to express themselves and speak and listen in a range of situations which allow them to develop their language and communication skills.
• Physical development–Young children often love to be active, but they also need to understand that continued physical activity as well as healthy food choices are important, and why.
• Personal, social and emotional development (PSED)–This area helps to shape children’s social skills and develops respect and an understanding of their different feelings.
• Literacy –It is important for children to discover phonemic awareness – the ability to hear and identify different words and sounds, and also to start reading and writing.
• Mathematics –Children are guided in developing skills with numbers and calculations, as well as being able to describe shapes, spaces, and measures.
• Understanding the world–This involves children making sense of things by observing and exploring everything from the places they spend time to the technology and other things that they use.
• Expressive arts and design–Activities like drawing, playing with paint, instruments or technology all give children the chance to express themselves and learn new things.
The nursery has two sessions daily.
Morning session is from 8.45-11.45am
Afternoon session is 12.30-3.30pm
Class twitter is: @YNStocktonWood
School Website: www.stocktonwoodprimary.co.uk
Take -home Library
The children are encouraged to take books home each week to read and share at home. These are changed each Wednesday.