At Stockton Wood Primary School, we intend to deliver high-quality teaching using our whole school ‘Get Set 4 PE’ scheme. Our PE lessons are designed to inspire and engage pupils, allowing them to explore and develop skills and embed knowledge.
At Stockton Wood we want children to learn how to collaborate with others as part of an effective team, whilst understanding fairness and equity of play in order to embed life-long values as well as learning about healthy lifestyles.
Take a look at our ‘Active Families’ ideas to find some fun fitness activities to do at home!
In EYFS, PE comes under the Early Learning Goal of Physical Development.
• negotiate space and obstacles safely, with consideration for themselves and others
• demonstrate strength, balance and coordination when playing
• move energetically, including activities such as running, jumping, dancing, hopping, skipping and climbing.
Key Stage 1
• develop fundamental movement skills
• become increasingly competent and confident and access a broad range of opportunities to extend their agility
• balance and coordinate, individually and with others
• be able to engage in competitive (both against self and against others) and co-operative physical activities
• participate in a range of increasingly challenging situations
Key Stage 2
• continue to apply and develop a broader range of skills, learning how to use them in different ways and to link them to make actions and sequences of movement
• enjoy communicating, collaborating and competing with each other
• develop an understanding of how to improve in different physical activities and sports and learn how to evaluate and recognise their own success.